Friday, May 1, 2015

Stanton Mining Area.....

The 'owners' have done a great job of combining the old west with some modern conveniences! Too bad everything has to be locked up because of the lack of respect some have for others. The campsites are big and clean with little to no shade. We are up the hill where we see the sunrise over the mtns in the morning and see it set past the mtns as well....just beautiful. Every morning as I watch the sun come up, about 1 1/2 hrs after daylight begins, I see different shadows & sunlight as it rises over the mtns....simply magnificent!!!

The mining camp down below has the old Stanton Hotel they have converted into a kitchen, library, pool hall where they play poker and there is even a pay phone! Across the way is the old Opera House which is now a gathering place for the prospectors & campers for the potlucks and such. The office where you check in at used to be a stage stop and there is a life sized stuffed ol' prospector sitting in one of the chairs that Charlie dog just couldn't quite figure out lolol! They have washers for our use but no dryers, we have to use clotheslines and clothes pins...ha!! Of course there is a dump station, dumpster, propane tank etc for the campers and the water ain't half bad! Up here where we are camped, there are 3 old bunkhouse type bldgs. One has exercise eqpt. in it with one of the washing machine sheds out back, the other two are still vacant but the old west looks still survives!

So we were sitting there panning some stuff he brought back and lo & behold I look out around us and there is a Mr. Noshoulders as hubby calls them, just a slithering by on his merry way....omg! omg! omg! I say and hubby sez don't move....I say don't worry as I am frozen with fear!! Mow hubby sez the is snake was only abt 3 ft. long, but I swear it was at least 10 ft!! lolol That is MY story and I am sticking to it!! He kept telling me how proud he was of me the way I handled myself as I am deathly afraid of the things and more importantly I didn't have to change my pants! lololol

We drove into this small town down the road Congress, AZ and went into this little town grocery store to get a drink, so we are looking around and in a glass case up by the checkout is all this pot paraphanalia...from water bongs, to one hitters and a pretty good size hooka!!!!! We get outside and I am rollin it was soo funny to see that in a small town store like that...omg AZ!!! lovin it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment