Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Aftermath......

 All activities and the distribution of all the gold collected was done by Sunday afternoon after a very long auction, raffle drawings, then finally the gold!! We had the potluck Sat. night, was kinda sad more people didn't bring something and the volunteers had to serve everyone to make sure everyone got some, reminded me of vultures!! Not even sure the volunteers, etc. got any. After the potluck, there was drawings for prizes around the campfire and the full moon showed her majestic glow peeking at us over the mtns....very kewl!!! We didnt get as much gold as we had hoped, but the knowledge and commradery was priceless! Made some friends and had some laughs and just a down right enjoyable time and hubby actually said he was enjoying himself....been a very long time since I heard those words come out of his mouth, this is good!! 

So after Sunday's doins, we headed north to Prescott to find a walmart...I know, I know....but still. So we had to go over the mtns. here and if anybody knows me at all, they know I don't do heights well and I did not!!! The last elevation sign I saw read 6100 feet...wth??! But thru the national forest with the tall pines was sooo beautiful, by then I had calmed down a bit and unclenched my hands and stopped using the brake on my side lololol! Well Prescott is a beautiful town, reminded me of San Francisco cuz of all the hills. I have noticed it seems the AZ communities take pride in their cities & towns....clean, decorated, works of art everywhere and great roads......just a pleasure to see! Found the walmart and headed back...now going downhill isn't as bad, cuz the mtns. are on my side, but the grades going downhill were pretty steep, lemme tell ya! We have to go back because of something we have to take care of, so it is either back up the mtns. or down to Phoenix area....hmmmmm! The mtn. route wins and I will just keep my eyes closed during the bad parts....hahahahha!! Best for all around that way...lol.

So it rained Sunday night & last night (May 4), so both mornings there was fog, clouds hanging low over the mtns...very kewl! I took a pic of if, I will see if I can include it with this blog! We went to the nearest town,  Congress and got a temporary (?) change of address, seems we ARE staying out here for a while at least! Sunday we pack up and move to the "free" spaces or dry camping or boondocking, so we will be totally self contained....that will be very interesting for sure, but we can do this, we love it here! It is either here or back in Springer.....hmmmmm???

So until my next installment everyone......blessings and peace!! 🌟💟🌞🔮

Isn't this just magnificent?!?! Who would want to leave??

No comments:

Post a Comment